Victor Guerra del Aguila
103 Larkhill Road. Whitehall. Dublin 9. Republic of Ireland.
Phone: 00353 834394864 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
M.Sc. in Quality Control in the Pharmaceutical Industry. 2004
Institute of Science and Technology. Barcelona, Spain.
Ph.D., in Pharmacy, 1999.
University of Granada. Granada. Spain.
Pharmacist Degree, 1996
Ministry of Education and Science. Spain.
M.Sc. in Microbiology, 1995
Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology. Major National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
Pharmaceutical Chemist Degree, 1991
Major National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
Community Pharmacy, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland June 2005 to present
Superintendent and Supervising Pharmacist. Pharmacist in charge in whole time of the carrying on of the activity in the pharmacy in respect of the professional and clinical management of the health of a patient and the delivery of an acceptable standard of pharmaceutical care according to the regulations.
Neighbourhood Pharmacy, MacNamara´s Pharmacy, UNICARE Pharmacy, Hickey’s Pharmacy.
Baxter Healthcare Ltd. Dublin, Rep. of Ireland. April 2007 to June 2007 Dispensing Pharmacist. Pharmacist in charge of checking and dispensing intravenous solutions and specialty products used for fluid management, anaesthesia, parenteral nutrition support, pain management, antibiotic therapy, chemotherapy products, individualized sterile medicines manufactured by the Aseptic Compounding unit and delivered by the Q.P..
Ferrer International. R&D Centre. Barcelona. Spain. October 2003 – January 2004
Research Assistant. Pharmacokinetic Department. Development and validation of a new analytical method by HPLC to be used to evaluate a investigational new dug substance. http://www.ferrergrupo.com
Community Pharmacy, Barcelona, Spain January 2001 to April 2005
Associate Pharmacist. Pharmacist in charge in whole time of the carrying on of the activity in the pharmacy in respect of the professional and clinical management of the health of a patient and the delivery of an acceptable standard of pharmaceutical care. Soler Pharmacy, Pau Pharmacy, Gaspa Pharmacy.
University of Granada, Granada, Spain May 1999 - December 2000
Research Fellow. Research and development on biotechnology processes. Production by fermentation, recovery, purification and characterisation of biopolymers. Scale-up of the fermentation processes, production of biopolymers and application on foods and pharmaceuticals.
University of Granada, Granada, Spain November 1995 - April 1999
Ph.D. Fellow. Department of Microbiology. Isolation and microbiological identification, physiological studies, production of biopolymers (EPS) by fermentation from olive mill wastewater, purification, physical and chemical characterisation, and immunological activity in vivo of biopolymers.
Major National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru January 1993 - October 1995
Lecturer in microbiology and chemistry: Faculty of Pharmacy and Faculty of Medicine.
Pavil Laboratories S.A., Lima, Peru. May 1992 - June 1993
Pharmaceutical Analyst. Quality control, physicochemical and microbiological analysis. GLP, GMP.
Pfizer, Lima, Peru. April 1991 - December 1991
Internship in Quality Control. Quality control and physicochemical analysis of raw material, intermediate and finished product.
UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA, Granada, Spain
Deparment of Microbiology, 1995 – 2000
- Bioremediation of alpechín: Production of microbial polymers.
Lecture at the XVII Congress of Spanier Microbiological Society. Granada, Spain. October 1999.
- Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., bacterium producer of novel exopolysaccharide from olive mill waste waters. Presented at the XVII Congress of Spanier Microbiological Society. Granada, Spain. Oct. 1999.
- Physicochemical properties of novel exopolysaccharide produced by Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., grown on olive mill waste waters. Presented at the XVII Congress of Spanier Microbiological Society. Granada, Spain. October 1999.
- Molecular taxonomic studies of two strains producer of exopolysaccharides with industrial application grown on olive mill waste waters. Presented at the VII Meeting of Taxonomy and Biodiversity Group of Spanier Microbiological Society. Mallorca, Spain. October, 1998.
- Isolation and partial characterisation of an extracellular polysaccharide produced by a strain of Bacillus grown on olive mill waste waters (alpechín). Presented at the International Symposium: "Biochemical Principles and Mechanisms of Biosynthesis and Biodegradation of Polymers". Münster, Germany. June, 1998.
- Production of microbial polysaccharides in wastewaters from olive oil mills. 1977: p. 259-262. In H. Verachtert, and W. Verstraete (ed.), International symposium on environmental biotechnology, part II. Technologisch Institut, Ostend, Belgium.
MAJOR NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SAN MARCOS, Lima, Peru.
Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 1993 - 1995.
- Isolation from soil of antibiotic producing actinomycetes.
- Identification by TLC of antibiotic producing soil-dwelling actinomycetes.
- Production and partial chemical characterisation, antimicrobial screening methods and determination of activity for antibiotics produced by actynomycetes.
- “Characterization of Paenibacillus jamilae strains that produce exopolysaccharide during growth on and detoxification of olive mill wastewaters”. Bioresource technology 2008; 99(13):5640-4.
-“Production and characterization of the exopolysaccharide produced by Paenibacillus jamilae grown on olive mill-waste waters”. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Volume 23, Number 12 / December 2007.
-"Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., an exopolysaccharide-producing bacterium able to grow in olive-mill wastewater".
Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. Vol 51, 1687-1692. 2001.
-"Biological response modifier activity of an exopolysaccharide from Paenibacillus jamilae CP-7”.
Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol. 8: 706 –710. 2001.
Quality Control and Analysis in the Pharmaceutcal Industry. GLP, GMP.
Quality Assurance in Microbiologic Laboratories. GLP.
High Performance Liquid Chromatography - HPLC.
Technology on Fermentation
Basic Technics in Molecular Biology.
LANGUAGES AND COMPUTER SKILLS
English, Spanish. Microsoft-Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point. Internet, e-mail.
Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland. MPSI 8078.
Pharmaceutical College of Peru. CQFP 06928.
Pharmaceutical College of Barcelona, Spain.